"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Tuesday, February 19, 2008

All Work No Play...

I started yet another job (this makes 3). I've been fortunate this last month to have had the opportunity to represent some Buyers with the purchase of a new home in Kaysville. So that MONSTROSITY of a process (yes, we toured over 30 homes in 2 days... everywhere from Lehi to Layton) absorbed a lot of my time this last month. I LOVE Real Estate - and it was a nice little "breather" to get back into the Sales field a little after a year+ break managing different aspects of the construction world. I was born with that "sales stuff" in me; it's just who I am- and I'll probably go back into sales when the market changes. We will be closing on their new home in 3 weeks - woo hoo!


Also, I just started a new part-time job at Lakeview Hospital working 2 nights/1 weekend day a week in the Lab as a Lab Tech. My primary responsibilities are associated with the Phlebotomy Department & Microbiology. I draw a lot of blood, process drug tests, prepare Micobiology samples, process readings, chart test results, do a lot of random stuff with the ER and am kinda the go-between for the Blood Bank, Pathology, Microbiology, and Chemistry.


My first night was last week - What an eye opener. Not having worked in the Lab for nearly 6 years, it was a challenge (to say the least!) to remember all the terminology and abriviations for processes. Everything is a code or acronym?! And, of course, the people I work with are "too busy" to explain anything well- it's just do-or-die around there, literally!


I'm still really nervous about it. I have to go back to work tonight and train with my Latina ornery co-worker, lucky me.



On a positive note: the extra cash will be great and being back in the hospital is refreshing. I love the blood and that kind of stress. I like the technical aspects of it all and having to remember all the interesting stuff I learned in all my Medical classes!


So, when I'm not at Symphony Homes, selling a house, at the hospital, or at a race, I'm at home eating, sleeping, or cleaning. Feels like life is racing at about 210 MPH. Good thing I'm an adrenaline junky and enjoy the speed!

7 comments:

Ash said...

Nice, i'd say I'm suprised that you've added another thing to your plate, but really... i'm not :) You're a crazy die-hard that always has to keep busy, my little ADD friend ;) ha! Glad you're keeping up the good, hard work!

Unknown said...

What happened to Steph? I can't believe how busy you keep yourself, its awesome! I wish I was as motivated as you are.

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

That is great you are back in the medical scene and enjoying it. You will have to make sure not to be too busy so you can break away in May for at least lunch! :)

Chris Pease & Christie Wilkes said...

Hollie:

When are you gonna be here in May?

Denise said...

You are one of the busiest people I know! Good for you!

Kerstin said...

i resent that you haven't said hi yet! so how are you woman?

Chris Pease & Christie Wilkes said...

DUDE! What's up GIRL!
HOLLIE: This gal is married to Jason (the kid you dated) in Highschool! LOL! That's funny stuff. Kerstin, great to hear you are still working at Rainey, and i hear with Nikki - which is also fabulous! Hope it is goin' well for ya. I'd love to get together for a lunch!

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich