"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Tuesday, April 8, 2008

SAGE RIDER'S RACE - Jericho Utah April 5th

We just came back from another fabulous race weekend (nope, still not getting old yet!) in Jericho. However, I am an idiot, and pretty much messed up the whole racing side of things for both Chris and I.

My start went really well and I was able to punch it and get into 3rd place off the line. I held my speed and even - YES - PASSED Tattoo Neck Girl (TNG, her name is Trish) and held first place for the entire first loop. HOWEVER, I over-shot a corner, rounded a big bush, and ran into a barbed wire fence and lost my lead. Somehow in the mix of things, I got totally off the course (don't even ask me how) and ended up returning to the main loop after MISSING PIT ROW, and I basically did a 3/4 loop and then a full loop, and finished the race, wondering why I never came into pit and why the loops were sooo long! (duh to me.)

Chris started to really worry when everyone came through pit row on the first loop, but me. Thinking I was hurt or lost, he hopped on his bike and followed the course to come find me. However, since the Big Bikes were also planned to race a portion of our course, the race officials DISQUALIFIED HIM FOR RIDING ON THE COURSE! Sad huh! He was disqualified in his efforts to come find me! (sigh. How tender!)

So, we were both disqualified in this race, which is really going to hurt my over-all points position. Really, I would have placed second, or maybe first, had I just kept up with TNG. Grrr...

We were able to watch the Expert's start -which was PHENOMINAL considering there were national and highly recognized professinal riders - the action was awesome!

After the race, our crew (Chris, Myself, Cole, Landry, Mike, Marcie, Carrie) all drove out in the 40 degree weather to the middle of the freakin' desert to a deserted, haunted, Japanese work- camp hot pot place that left the remains of 3 concrete natural hot springs tubs in the ground.. (yes, it is as freakish as it sounds.) Everyone was pretty loaded, except me, so I was the only one that really felt the moss and and dead bugs squishing under my butt and toes.... it was pretty gross, but totally worth it (minus the random strangers who showed up naked and humped infront of our whole group mid-evening ?!!) ! Chris gracefully slipped on some concrete in the dark and split his ankle open... dork, which was the only tragedy of the weekend. But is was pretty funny watching him whine, spread eagle in a mucky swamp hole.... LOL!

We had a great weekend and can't wait for the next one!

NEXT RACE:
April 26th
Firebird's in Jericho, Utah

P.S. I got a signed t-shirt from Destry Abbott!

No comments:

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich