"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Firebirds Race - Jericho Utah April 23rd

Chris and I both raced the firebirds race this past weekend. I've been slow at reporting results because I have a freaking concussion. LOL. I ate shit so hard, you just wouldn't believe it! My start was shaky, but I was able to get in-front of TNG (Trish) for the entire 1st loop! I was right in-front of her on the first of 3 home checks. However, she passed me after I over-shot a corner on the second loop, and she and I battled it out for most of the 2nd loop, with her in-front at the second home check. It's kinda funny: she looked back at me when we were checking in, and I said "Go faster Trish, I'm gonna catch ya!" and, well, that was really dumb of me-she turned it up and stayed in-front the rest of the race (but only because I crashed!)

I have no idea what happened, but somehow (I think I was in sandy whoops) I flipped over my handle bars at a pretty high speed. I remember flying off my bike, but don't remember the crash or picking up my bike and starting back on the trail. The strangest part: I like "lapsed" back into my dream from the former night... and it wasn't until nearly the END of the last loop that I "zoned" in again and realized I was still racing and that I had to finish... It was, by far, the most strange thing that has happened in a while. I was completely zoned. Overall, I'll take 2nd place in points for this race, which makes me mad because I ALMOST HAD HER and I tried my very hardest, boo hoo. TRISH WINS AGAIN!?!!!!

We spent the day cooking grub for the crew and my head kinda hurt. It wasn't until later that night when we all went back out to the hot-pots that the pain really kicked in full-steam. Since then, my head has hurt SOOOOO bad, and my neck is still so hurtie all the way around and down through my shoulder blades. That's not all-- you should see the black and green bruise on my hip, 'oly crap. ?!

Chris raced the first loop and opted out of the 2nd loop because he was cramping up so bad, so he'll have another DNF (Did Not Finish) on his points record for the year. Don't quite know where he is in the running for his class this year. Gotta try and keep him out of the pits (and out of the Captain Morgan) if he's gonna place this year!

We had a blast at this race and we had a really fun time hanging out with Landry & Mandy, Cole & Carrie, Britt & John, and the other fabulous desert folk we've grown so attached to. Love 'em all!


NEXT RACE:
CHERRY CREEK
MAY 17th

2 comments:

Kari said...

Christie, Hope you neck and head isn't hurtie for too long. I'll blame your mispelling of my name on your hurtie head. Now you have two things one up on me. A DQ and a concusion. Was the shyit hangin with yas even with your bonked head. see you at Cherry Cr. Lata, Kari

PS notice the spelling of my name.

Ash said...

Nice one fatty! Glad you're okay! That's actually pretty scary to be zoning in and out like that nerd. We'll for sure give Cris a call for a bid on the basement, if and when the tile ever gets done so the last spot of finish work can be also! erghh... I hate finishing basements!

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich