"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008

Ah, another year has passed, and after vacuuming nearly 3 lbs of fallen pine needles, the tree has finally been taken down and all the decorations put away.

This year we've celebrated Christmas & New Years in a fairly mild manner, keeping things simple and relatively uninvolved- a nice change!

We spent Christmas Eve with my parents, and were able to meet Oliva & Jason- Bryan's new girlfriend and her 3 yr old son. We made gingerbread houses again, and of course, Bryan smoked us all. My "Ol' Swiss House" didn't have a chance compared to his delux "temple." Lame. I always lose now this competition now. Mom & Dad gave us a Belgian Waffel maker, money, jewelry, and some other nice stuff.

I woke up Christmas morning to a whole stockpile of new bike parts, including all new plastics, beautiful pipe (which I'm holding in the pic), and gear which literally transformed the entire appearance of my bike. I've wanted black plastics since I saw them last year. Chris spent ALL DAY Christmas day putting together my "new" bike, which included custom graphics that he'd designed and ordered. We drove the bike into the front entry so we could work on it and be warm, and here are some before & after pics --I was completely stoked. My bike looks completely hot now, I have to admit - I don't even want to ride it in fear of scratching it!

I gave Chris a very manly, uber-powered kerosene garage space heater as well as a "Boom Bucket" all-weather portable iPod player for the pool and all our camping excursions. I wanted him to rock the toasty garage too! ;-)



Lincoln got "The Mouser" from Santa Clause, which has been the source of many exciting hours. It's so freakin' cute to see him play! He loved the wrapping paper, drinking the water out of the tree holder, and sleeping on the wrapping paper boxes.

We hope that friends and family received our cute Christmas card this year and hope that 2009 is a fabulous one for all!!!

4 comments:

Christina said...

Wow, you guys made out like bandits! Very nice!

Chris Pease & Christie Wilkes said...

Christina-
That's why we don't have kids - so we can play and spoil ourselves!!!
;-)

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

The Santa that visits you needs to make his way to my house. :)
Just kidding
So glad that you both were spoiled. The bike looks great, and I wouldn't want to scratch it either, so good luck with that. :)

Anonymous said...

DUDE! Thanks for the Christmas card =) It definitely wins the “Most creative Christmas Card of the Year” award. What the hell are you up to these days? Oh, and WHY are you STILL not on FaceBook???

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich