"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 New Years Resolutions


To start off the new year well, I'm made my lil' diddy of new year resolutions:
  • The classic: loose weight.
  • Don't be so stubborn and learn when NOT to argue... right.
  • Complete the WHOLE dang desert racing season and place in at least one race
  • Run a 1/2 marathon (13 miles) down Ogden Canyon in May
  • Run the Breast Cancer 5k in May
  • Ride the Antelope Island Midnight Bike Ride in May (30 miles at midnight, I think)
  • Complete the back yard landscaping - quite the lofty goal...
  • Learn AutoCAD better for work and sell 2 homes on the side
  • Learn how to cook Prime Rib better. Grrr, prime rib and chicken fried steak. :-(

It's funny, mostly, I just want to "be ontop of things" on a daily basis - ya know, wake up on-time, clothes ironed, to work on-time, eat healthy and cook great meals, money in the bank, vacations planned, presents mailed on birthdays, fuel in the car... the usual. Seems like life just gets so crazy busy - and the time we do have isn't always spent so well. I wish I could take all the hours I've poorly spent and re-focus them into hours spent writting a novel or organizing a college charity fund for Foster kids.... but if I can just "get on-top" this year, then maybe next year will lend itself to more "lofty" goals and aspirations.



4 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys are awesome! Your life seems like so much fun! I'm Jealous! You look great and that rocks that you are gonna start racing. I love it!

Unknown said...

Hey, how do you add people, and how is everyone getting the cuter backgrounds? Oh, and my phone screen is brokey, I can't get anyones number off of it, so if ya still want to hang out call me. My home #820-5251

Jenn said...

Christie! I'm glad Hollie lured you into the blogging world. It seriously can take up lots of time, but I think it's so fun to keep in touch with people. Hey, I just re-connected with Hollie about 5 months ago, and now you and several others (just today -- Jill Couch)! It's crazy! Anyway, it looks like you're having fun. Good luck with the New Year's Resolutions. It seems like mine are very much the same -- just trying to get on top of things! If we could ever get caught up with all of the things we are "supposed" to do, we'd be in pretty good shape. And let me know if you ever master that Prime Rib!
Keep in touch,
Jenn :)

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Hey Christie
The blog is coming along quickly it looks like! I wish I had the ambition to make such a New Years list. I need to know how to make fabulous Prime Rib as well! :)
Love seeing everyone...good job on spreading the news of blogging!

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich