"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Monday, January 14, 2008

Prepin' for the New Desert Season

We are super excited to be on our way to Mesquite, NV on the 26th of January for our first race of the season! Chris has a new bike and I have new gear, and well, I'm just excited to be participating this year besides just playing Pit Crew and Camp Cook!

Here's a glimps of one flight of races from a race last year near Jericho. Some race starts have 3oo hundred racers lined up across the horizon, amp'd and ready to rock.

It's a terrifying and magnificent sight to watch those guys (and girls!) battle it out for nearly 100 miles in 5th gear pinned with zero visability across the desert scape! You've gotta have some serious guts to hang. I'm super proud of him - and excited my life-long little girl dream to fall in-love with a motorcycle racer has come true! ;-)

Check it out!

4 comments:

Ash said...

nice to have you in the 'blogging' world! Sounds like you have an eventful weekend ahead, take care and call when you get back so we can actually DO SOMETHING?!?!? (ash)

Denise said...

Looks like a ton of fun, although I think I would be scared to death to just watch! LOL! :o)

Katey said...

Hey Christie- It's good to hear from you. We actually live in Layton, just have the new license! And we have 2 kids,Lexi is almost 4 and Ty is 15 months. I'm just staying home with the kids and my husband is a genarl contractor. He has 6 tile crews and stays busy with that.

You look really good. Did you know I was born in Vernal? Thats were your boyfriend is from right? Crazy. I bet we know a lot of the same people. Thats really cool your racing too. I'm just not that brave. Anyways, it's good to get in contact with people again.
See ya- Katey

Kari said...

Hey girl, I know you'll do well in the race scene just by getting to knoiw your personality!! As long as its all fun for ya, you always win. That;s my philosophgy! lata, dezchik

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich