"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Friday, January 18, 2008

Our Family

Ok - I'm gettin' mad!

Now that I'm all over this whole "blogging" thing, I'm stumbling all over long-lost friends and their profiles, and well they are all full of smiling little kids and families! I guess it's pulling on the one (tiny) heart-string I have for motherhood.

So, I'm going to post my own version of "motherhood" at my house and show of my "kids" and family!

This is Keno, our German Shorthair (4 yrs). He is grounded and tied to the bumper of our camper because he ran off into the wilderness while camping and didn't come home all night. Later, Chris found that some Hippies had captured him, holed him up in a tent, and fed him steak! I love this dog.






This is Shet, short for "Shetland Sheep Dog" (2 yrs.) I know, it's not really very original. I had a hard time naming him. He has a very- unique- personality and pretty much can't be bothered with people. He "herds" Keno around the yard all day and his loyalties are 100% with him. We thought he was a "dud" at first, as he didn't bark or prance or chase or fetch or anything. It was concerning. Chris, consequentially, nicknamed him "Shitty Dog" and well, as horrible as it is, it's kinda funny. Funny thing is, he's very mellow and sweet, and the fourth link in our crew.






This is Lincoln (6 mo.), our newest addition (Chris' birthday present in October.) He is a seal-point Siamese Kitty (I know, who thought I'd like a damn cat?!) But he is adorable. Freakin' adorable. His favorite game is "hide behind the corner and jump out, spread eagle, as someone walks around a corner." Chris cuddles up with him like a baby - he is, by far, the most pampered ever!


(Lincoln was Baby Jesus for Christmas.)

4 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

Christie

Your kids are beautiful! Thanks for sharing. i was always wondering how "Shitty" got that name. Your Christmas card last year(2006) was signed Shitty. Mike and I always got a great kick out of that! Anyway, thanks for sharing your family..we love ya!

Stephanopoly said...

I know what you mean about the cat. Brock got a cat for his birthday and I freakin love that cat. He's so cute and demands much less than the dogs.

Kari said...

Hey Woman!! Thanks for gettin me into this bloggin thing. Kinda fun! I posted some new pics from saturday's ride. I can tell from your blog that you and Chris definitely know how to have fun!! See you guyz in mesquite!! Lata, Kari

Denise said...

You have a beautiful family! I really like that last picture of the kitty - too funny!

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich