"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Ani DiFranco @ Library Square


Bryan (my bro) and I went to the Ani DiFranco concert at Library Square on Saturday night-- AND WE WERE ON THE FRONT ROW!!! Bryan had a friend that scored VIP tickets and she was able to save us a spot! IT WAS THE BEST CONCERT, EVER! I am so madly, madly in-love with this gal, it's unbelievable. She is EVERYTHING I wish I was - and her political, artistic, and feminine POWER is unlike any other! The lyrics to her songs are so poetic, metaphoric, deep,playful, and passionate. WOW! That's all I can say about that--and considering my life circumstances, I connect and relate to her music in the deepest fibers of my soul. She's also put out a couple books of poetry that you need to check her out! If anything, check out her web page and review some of the "causes" and calls-to-action she sponsors.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sounds like a great concert and that you had AMAZING seats. That's so incredible! I like Ani's music and would love to hear her live. I'm jealous!

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich