"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Saturday, June 28, 2008

Utah Arts Festival

Went to the Utah Arts Festival tonight and spent the evening madly in-love, completely high on culture, music, good food, under a saucy canopy of stars!

It's amazing how shyness melts away when the euphoria of "true self" seeps through the cracks of reservation in an environment that encourages self-expression! I am so FUELED & INSPIRED BY PEOPLE UNAFRAID TO LIVE WHAT THEY LOVE & STEP OUTSIDE THE BOX!!!

I am a creature of art. I LOVE everything artistic that is freaky, strange, different, and bold. I love the pieces that make you say or think, "What did you just say?!" or "wow - that piece is reflected in a way that speaks true to my soul." Less a gal spitting out some vulgarity regarding a Ronald Wesley in a poetry slam, the night was full of wonder and everything beautiful I enjoy about this crazy funky world we live in.

We danced in an ocean of people to a live Disco Band and, everything girly and mysterious inside of me fell in-love again for the first time in a long while.

The night was nothing short of magical!

No comments:

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich