"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Tuesday, June 10, 2008

New Considerations

So the slump in the housing market is continuing to take a toll on both Chris and I, who have chosen professions in this industry. As of late, we're both considering what our options are and what we could & should do to keep our household stable.

Interesting enough, I interviewed with Fieldstone Homes yesterday for a Sales Agent position. Their product is very different from the custom luxury homes I've sold, but they seem to have successfully rooted the company and have a thriving corporate culture. I don't think it's a bad option. I have a second interview with the President on Friday. I may decide to go this route instead of the Commercial Real Estate Internship with NAI UTah for the greater short-term income potential and likelihood of success. Also, I would like to create a stable income situation for us both so that Chris has the liberty to pursue better options, should he decide to.

3 comments:

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

That would be pretty cool if Chris decided the police force was a way to go. Let us know what you decide with all your decisions in the future. The whole market seems so scary..I am glad we dont' have to deal with it right now. :)

Ash said...

Looks like you've been busy with all the racing and more life-altering changes, oh, and your birthday, which I (as such a great friend) did totally NOT remember. Sorry :( Happy way belated birthday! I'm glad Chris took such great care of you- I'm seriously shocked at the Salsa Dancing Lessons, wow, impressive. You'll have to show me all the moves you learn, I'd LOVE to salsa! ;) Good luck today w/Fieldstone. As for the cop bit- why not?

Kerstin said...

ha i can totally picture that. two of jasons friends just got onto the slpd and they love it.

ps believe it or not somebody once told me that i looked like ani difranco ha ha

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich