"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Opportunities to find deeper powers within ourselves come when life seems most challenging." -Joseph Campbell

Just wanted to report that I took 3 contracts this week as a Sales Counselor for FieldStone Homes! That's an all-time high for me! WOO! So I've been on the job (officially selling) for 2 weeks. I hope to have 3-5 homes sold this month. I know that this is happening because I have finally opened my heart to the "help" of a power greater than myself.

It's funny how sometimes you can really see that "bad" things happen for a good reason. As everyone knows, this past month has been fairly tragic for me and mine in about every way possible. Personally, I've had to deal with 3 of the 5 "most tragic and life changing events" a person can expect to deal with in a life time, so it's been a roller coaster to say the least.

For those of you who have never read the book or seen the lil' movie "The Secret" it's a little kookie - but the message is the same as scripture: "As a man thinketh in his heart, so shall he live." If you believe good things will happen and you hold goodness in your heart, the universe will provide. It's interesting: I'm at an all-time "low" in my life in so may capacities, but I've "asked" the Greater Power for "hope" and I think it's really helped. I feel motivated when I wake up, empowered, capable, and....well...hopeful! I catch myself really ENJOYING the simplest things about life - my cup of coffee, elevator music and a good Carpenter's song cover, overly-enthusiastic people, full moons. I enjoy my work and helping people. I genuinely try to improve every situation I encounter. I feel full of gratitude and charity; I can't remember the last time I felt this FOCUSED.

It's interesting how the people you surround yourself with make such a huge impact on your general attitude about life. Some of the most successful Sales coaches I've ever listened to say "If you want to be successful, surround yourself with successful people." I believe this is true for all realms of "success" - financial, professional, emotional, spiritual, etc.

For the first time in my life, I'm truly beginning to see it's not challenges we conquer, but the limitations we set on ourselves.

No comments:

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich