"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Monday, November 3, 2008

Chris' 36th Birthday - American Fork Canyon



Chris turned 36 this past weekend, and we celebrated by taking the weekend off and camping up American Fork Canyon. Though it was a cold and stormy, we had a completely fabulous time!

I gave Chris a much anticipated Helmet Camera so he could mount it to his helmet and take videos of our rides 'n races. I also gave him a nice dose of the new Armani cologne "Armani Diamonds"--which is delicious!

We invited a bunch of people to come up and meet us for a ride, but I believe the weather forecast was a deterrent. We did have Russ come up for a sweet afternoon ride, but missed out on the other folks. Too bad, because the weather on Saturday morning, after the rain shower, was awesome! Slippin' 'n slidding through the muck and mud eventually turned into some sweet conditions when things dried out a little! I have to admit, I was a little nervous trying to get down what I will now endearingly refer to as the "Indiana Jones Ravine of Peril" -- but managed to descend the muddy, rocky, ravine with all limbs intact, and no giant rolling rock chasing us down the mountain.

We didn't loose our dogs to the Hippies this camp trip, nor did our littlest puppy get disoriented and fail to return to camp; we didn't get the trailer lodged in a post-monsoon muddy mountain grave, and Chris seems to be happy- so I'd consider it the entire adventure a success.

It was refreshing to spend some alone time in the serene mountains again before the snow fell, and to hang out "as a family" just the 4 of us - Chris, me, Keno, and Shet.

I hope he enjoyed his time there and is excited about starting a new year. 36 years old... wonder what this one will bring!

Happy Birthday, my Super-Sexy Moto Man!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Sounds/looks like you guys had a great time! What a great way to spend a birthday! Happy birthday Chris. I love the picture in the water! That was really cool. Can't wait to videos from the video cam!

Jenn said...

Christie! I don't have your most up to date email address, so I figured I'd just send you a post on your blog. I need to get your new contact info: cell, email, etc. I saw that you're not on facebook anymore :(. That is how I keep in touch with so many people.
Anyway, I now have a blog, so if you send me you're email to jenniferjean_81@hotmail.com, I will send you an invite!

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich