"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Sunday, November 9, 2008

Jericho Ride

Went riding in Jericho yesterday with Kerry (Old Buzzard), John Schultz, Ross (Spamburger), Mike (lthom), some new dude named John, Chris and myself. I felt slightly silly, as I was the most inexperienced rider there, the youngest, and the only Chick, but it was completely swell. I was "in the groove" in the morning, and completed the 1/2 half of the day without injury or accident-- AWESOME!

They had me racing through some really tight, technical, steep, rocky stuff, and I had to hold my breath on a couple of the sections... but it was so exhilarating to get THROUGH the tough stuff without eating shit.

The second half of the day was slighly more challenging. Cherelle and Jake showed up to join us too - and Cherelle, I'm sure, feels my pain today! We had already completed 32 miles before lunch, and after lunch, I only made it another 12 before I threw in the towel and BEGGED to go back to camp via the road, not the trails! I crashed like 7 times, falling face-first down a steep rock slab, hitting Neutral instead of 1st 20' from the TOP of a super-steep hill which resulted in me stuck and scrambling on the slope... among a few other tragedies.

My bike weighs 213 lbs. so I only have about 3-4 crashes where I PHYSICALLY have the upper body strength to pick my bike up. After that, I'm toast-- and I have to rely on the other people in the group to help me upright my rig.

We did hit one super duper muddy hill which will now be know as "Mud Slide Hill-'O-Death" and had to traverse through "Little Dutchman's Gorge-O'-Pain" but I made it out with only a few major bruises.

I totally feel ready to KICK SOME TRASH at the very last Paige, AZ race that is taking place this coming weekend. BRING IT ON!

No comments:

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich