"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Knolls Race 10.11.2008


...THE RESULTS ARE IN:

I took 1st place at the last race! But before you get too excited- realize that Trish didn't show up to this race-- so lame!!! I don't feel victorious. However, she will be at the next race in Page, Arizona next month. It's the very last race of the year - and my very last chance to beat her.
I'm in 4th place OVER-ALL because I was disqualified from one race, and missed another. The girl that's in 3rd right now, will TAKE 3rd place if she shows up in AZ. If she doesn't show up in AZ, I may have a chance to place 3rd over-all, if I do well at this last race. Mostly, I wanted to place over-all, and feel slightly pissed that I'm 4th overall.

RACE REPORT: Well, it snowed! I froze my butt off and my hands and face were completely numb throughout the whole race. We were all bundled up, but I don't have all the cold-weather gear. The wind was blowing like crazy and it was a MISERABLE course- mucky, sandy, snowy, blowy, freezing!!! I just took my chillin' time and didn't crash, because it was slippery!

Chris didn't race this race - he worked it. He actually was a sweet heart and asked to help with my race, so I had the opportunity to pass him four times throughout the course. Being a Boyscout, he'd built a massive fire in the middle of the stormy desert to weather out the storm and was there cheering me on the whole time, helping everyone who was getting stuck in the super-deep sand!!! Trooper. He also lucked out and won a couple items from the Raffle they auctioned.

Mostly I hung out in the trailer and cooked Mexican food all day after the race-- it was too freakin' cold to hang out!!!!
But you should have seen some of the folks that crossed the finish line - looked like they'd just drug themselves through a mile of muddy trenches! Check out these pics. The pic of this one dude illustrates just how deep it was in some spot - so deep, the back tire is burried and guys were peddeling themsleves through the sand, trying to keep upright!

FINAL RACE:
November 15th

2 comments:

Christina said...

How long did it take you to get all that mud off your face?! Nasty! Good job on the race! Good luck in AZ!

Anonymous said...

Congrats girl! 1st place is 1st place!!!

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich