"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Tuesday, September 30, 2008

WOO HOO!!!!

Just thought I'd toot my 'lil horn for half a second:

AFTER 5 YEARS, 35+ SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTIONS, 200+ HOURS OF STUDY, TWO SLEEPLESS NIGHTS CRAMMING, AND 4+ NERVOUS BATHROOM STOPS, I FINALLY PASSED ---
MY REAL ESTATE BROKER'S TEST!!!!!

IT WAS THE MOST DIFFICULT TEST I'VE EVER, EVER TAKEN!!!!!!

[CUE BRASS BAND!!!]

I'm half tempted to throw a party for myself, considering I was 99.98% convinced I wouldn't pass while I was at the testing center. I was all kinds of frazzled considering I studied until nearly 2:00am, woke up at 4:00am to study some more, had to drive 25 minutes out of my way to Clearfield to get my freakin' Real Estate Calculator I'd forgotten to bring home, then got to the testing center ONLY to realize that I'd left my bloody driver's license in my jeans at home in Centerville, which was required to take the test! The test coordinator told me I had exactly 37 minutes to drive home to Centerville, get my license and be BACK on 12th street in OGDEN to qualify for my test---- driving 110 MPH on I-15 DURING rush-hour, I was exactly 7 minutes shy of being dis-qualified from taking the test upon my return!!!

Then, it took me 3 hours and 47 minutes to complete the test- exactly 13 minutes less than the maximum time allowed, and holy sh*t, I was sweating bullets. My freakin' BRAIN hurt from thinking too much and cleanching my jaw.

But, the stars aligned, and I PASSED!!!!!!! I triumphantly celebrated by (1.) Taking a nap (2.) Getting a 1 1/2 hour massage at the spa (3.) going out to dinner courtesy of my handsome hunk!

Who's yer Broker?! ya baby!!! ;-)

6 comments:

Christina said...

That is amazing!! I am envious, I am so freaked out of taking tests, I refused to take my AP English test! That is amazing! Congratualtions! What now for you?

Anonymous said...

Does this mean you're finally gonna chill out and start talking to me again?? Congrats babe. It's amazing what success does for the spirit :)

Hollie and Mike Christiansen said...

That is fantastic news! I won'tbug youabout not being available when I was trying to call you the last few days, however, you now have to answer my call next time!
Congratulations Christie, I am very excited for you.

Unknown said...

Good job dude! Now you should be able to afford our Treehouse, Jeep dream right?! Can I bring my kids?

Ash said...

Congrats!!! What a relief, happy to have that one over with! Now on with life... :)

Lori said...

Congrats! Do you have a copy of the study guide for the test? (if there is one??) My boss was thinking of taking the test.
Remember- give me a call at Hickman Land Title! If you're into Jazz games, let me know and we can go marketing.

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich