"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Sunday, September 7, 2008

Eat, Pray, Love

I'm reading a book called "Eat, Pray, Love" which I'll elaborate on later, but I wanted to post this quote that really hit me today. For those of you who frequently check my lil' blog, I hope it leaves you something to think about.


"People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake."


A whole new perspective about what it means to really love someone. This quote today hit me in the gut with a remembrance that a "real love" is the person who sees what you are capable of being, even when you are in lowest form, and is willing to risk it all fighting (sometimes even you) to make sure you become the healthy, happy, joyful, whole person you deserve to be.


It is from rubble that some of the greatest cities were rebuilt.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hated that book! I had to drag my butt through it and it took me months to read. Did you like it?

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich