"What is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?" - Mary Oliver



Saturday, September 13, 2008

Sugarloafer's Cow Dung Race, Delta UT

Chris and I went out to the Sugarloafer's Cow Dung race in Delta over the weekend of the 13th.

To summarize, I took 2nd place, again! HOWEVER, I had a terrible start and was far, far behind the group off the line because my bike wouldn't start! I did, however, keep my pace very steady through all 4 loops and was able to regain my position.

Through the pits, Chris kept saying, "Trish is right in front of you!" and I didn't believe him UNTIL I PASSED HER! I totally caught up and diced out the entire last loop with her - I honestly thought I had it! I was, literally, praying out-loud "God, just let me win ONE freakin' race!" and was even screaming at Trish, "Common' Trish, just let me win ONCE!"

We were coming around the FINAL stretch of the race, she was right in back of me, and I tried to take a sharp turn too fast and washed out! She made the corner, and ended up winning the race. I'm tellin' you: If I crash, or fumble, or hesitate at ALL during a race, she beats me.
We only have 2 races left - one in Knolls, and one in Page, Arizona. I only have 2 more races to beat her - and, I'm currently ranked 4th in my class, because I missed one race and was disqualified from the other. DAMN IT. So I've gotta kick some butt and take names to even PLACE over-all. Keep your fingers crossed.

Chris didn't race this race, but had fun hanging out on Pit Row, watching the more experienced riders come through the "Endurocross" section of the loop - it was unlike anything we've seen before, and really fun to watch these guys get stuck on the obstacles! Check out the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=homHORBEpmw

1 comment:

Christina said...

I have to say, very impressive, but odd name for a race! :) And thanks for the slide show of Adam's Canyon. I now can say that my initials are at the top of that tree, too since we have the same and I feel like I never have to climb all the way up now, because you have shown me the beautiful waterfalls (which sad to say, I have never gone up to.)

Ask Buddha - like the Magic 8 Ball!

"Well behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich